Preventive Care & Early Detection
Early detection is the key to better outcomes. Many studies have been performed to show how early detection leads to less damage to your organs or a cure. For example, MD Anderson cites a 90% cure for colorectal cancer and a 100% cure for prostate cancer when the cancers are detected early. The American Diabetes Association recommends all adults have a fasting blood glucose test at age 45 since many people receive damage to their eyes, kidneys, or other organs before the disease of diabetes is detected.
Results from diagnostic testing allow us to direct your health care. Some testing can be done in our office utilizing our laboratory services in Texas, while for others, you will need to go to a specialist or another health care facility.
We can perform the following tests in our office:
- Pulmonary Function Test: Analysis of your lung function
- Echocardiogram: Analysis of blood flow, valve function, and heart muscle strength
- Carotid Doppler: Assesses the blood flow from your heart to your brain to assess for blockage and risk of stroke
- Electrocardiogram (ECG): Reviews the electrical impulses of your heart.
- Pap Smear: Analysis of the cervical tissue for the early detection of cervical cancer or precancerous tissue
- Urinalysis: Evaluation of your kidney function
- Blood tests: Provide information on organs (liver, bone marrow)
- Stress Test: Assess your heart's function
- Tympanogram: Assesses the ear membrane
Clinical Pathology Laboratory: On site for blood draws
Health & Wellness Visit
A personal assessment of your health risks. Our medical practice is dedicated to providing you with exceptional health care. We want you to feel good and enjoy a quality life. To do this, we need your help. We need you to schedule an annual wellness visit with our office. During this visit, we will assess your personal health risks through:
- A thorough review of your medical conditions
- A review of current medications
- Assessment of your current problems
- Review of family history
- Consideration of lifestyle
- Discussion of medical testing
- Physical examination
After the comprehensive examination, we will discuss what you need to do to maintain a healthy lifestyle and enjoy life to its fullest. It is important to schedule a visit specifically for wellness so we can perform this comprehensive assessment. Most insurance companies cover the Wellness visit because they understand the importance. For some payers, the visit is covered due to the management of a current medical condition. If you have specific questions regarding your insurance coverage and deductible, please contact our billing department.
We have the technology and resources to find diseases early and provide a patient with treatment. Many diseases are silently affecting your body. You may not have symptoms of the disease until significant damages have occurred. Medical tests can detect these silent diseases so you can begin treatment. One silent disease is coronary artery disease which affects your heart. The disease may begin to affect you when you are in your twenties, but you are unaware until you have a heart attack at the age of 50. Early detection, lifestyle changes, and medication could prevent you from having a heart attack.